Saturday, February 16, 2008

Photo shoot gone bad!

Well, we are sitting here enjoying a rainy, cold day in Cracker Town. Hopefully everyone will go down for a nap in a little while and I can spend some time watching HGTV. The only thing that would make it better would be a fire in the fireplace, but we haven't attempted a fire in this house with Miss Lexi. She is a little too curious to try it just yet.

I set up a session for Lexi to get her 2 year old picture taken this morning. She actually doesn't turn 2 for another month, but the timing happened to work between our crazy schedule and the photographers. The photographer is a Mom of a sweet little boy in Lexi's classroom. She is so good and she has not had photography training at all. Can you believe that? She is just one of those people that is good at everything that she does. I think her website is www.photosbyjenniferhenderson.com and several of Easton and Lexi's buddies are on there. Anyhow- Lexi did not want to have anything to do with getting her picture taken. She was so mad and acted like a nerd the whole time. I had purchased several cute outfits and bows and props for the pictures and all that she wanted to do was run around naked and telling us "no". I was so embarrassed. She kept pulling out her hair bows and didn't want to have anything to do with the props. You see, if anything is not Lexi's idea then you cannot make her do anything! She is so strong willed. Mom says that I acted just like her at that age, but I refuse to believe that:) Anyhow, when we were leaving Lexi just smiled away and was saying "bye bye" and hamming it up. Let me add that she did not smile one time in the photo session.

When we got home she had gotten marker all over her. After I got over being upset I got the camera out and she just smiled really big and said "Cheese!" We spent 2 hours trying to get her to smile and say cheese and then we got home and she loved getting her picture taken. Troy and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. We are still getting used to raising a girl, but we love every minute of it. (Well, almost every minute of it. ha) Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Julie said...

too funny-both the boys story and the girls! They are different-aren't they?! We are in a play group with 7 boys and they are definently more rough and wild, but with girls there is a lot more drama!! (atleast at out house!)

Jenn said...

Oh, the drama!! I know how you feel!! It's so nice with parkerman...no drama, just balls, trucks and many kisses for his mommy! At least you still have another month until her 2nd birthday!