Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Field Trip with 5 year olds

I really don't know what is wrong with me, but for some reason I signed up to go on a field trip with Easton's class to the post office today. Let me add that there are 11 boys in this class and 2 girls. When I walked in the class this morning all of the boys were dogpiled on top of each other and wrestling. The teacher just shook her head and laughed and said that she was tired of always asking them to stop, so she just lets them do it and hopes they don't get hurt. They are boys and I am convinced that they really cannot help it. The just CAN NOT keep their hands to themselves. We were walking to get all of them put in the van and I swear we could not go 2 steps without someone pushing, wrestling, throwing someone on the ground, rubbing someone's head, etc, etc, etc. The teacher knew exactly where to place them in the van, but it was a little difficult with there being 11 boys.

So the kids all go out of the van and my only job was to get them in line. I tried so hard and I swear I could not do it. They were already wrestling each other to the ground, running off, etc. I didn't know that trying to get boys in a line was that difficult. We finally got inside and the kids got to buy their own stamp, put the stamp on the envelope, mail the letter, and then they got to go see how their own envelope got from the mailbox all the way to their house. It was actually very interesting seeing how everything works in the back of the post office. Our letter go through about 10 things before they even get on the truck. No wonder that so much mail gets lost! The next thing I know is that Easton is over in the post office boxes by some of his friends and he says " Hey look! A "gool" (girl) magazine!" All of the boys started laughing and then I realized that it really was a GIRL magazine. One of my friends was there and she said that maybe it was the SPorts Illustrated Swimsuit edition. We will just pretend that is what it was b/c if it wasn't then I don't want to know. ha. We shoed the boys over to the other side right away. Many crazy things happened at the post office, but I will spare you all of the details. I did laugh pretty hard though when one of the boys crawled all the way through one of the large p.o. boxes. Luckliy the teacher was on the other side.

Then we headed off to the pizza place and we were trying to get all of the kids to wash their hands. One of the boys was peeing with the bathroom door wide open and all of the other boys kept washing their hands and didn't seem to care. Boys! They are so funny! I do know one thing...Easton's teacher needs a big raise with all of those boys in one class.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Is Easton at Stepping Stones? It sounds like Miss Mandy might have her hands FULL!! Isn't it funny just how different boys and girls are from each other? Just today I was telling someone how much more tired I am with Parker because of how much I have to chase him!!! Thank goodness for nap time!!

Anonymous said...

Shana, that is a funny story!! I cannot believe that there are 11 boys in the class. The poor girls. Boys are CRAZY!!!

Jenn said...

Hey! You did it...you got the links in on the side!! Great job!!